Freddie Mac Education Information
CreditSmart® Online Training
- Module 1: Your Credit and Why It Is Important (en espanol)
Freddie Mac believes that the single most effective way to prepare consumers for homeownership is to educate them on the importance of using credit wisely. This module introduces credit, basic terminology, and the importance of building a better credit record.
- Module 2: Managing Your Money (en espanol)
Learn about the importance of developing a spending plan and developing wise spending habits, in addition to receiving tips on how to save money.
- Module 3: Goal Setting (en espanol)
Find out about the importance of setting goals to achieve financial objectives.
- Module 4: Banking Services: An Important Step (en espanol)
Get valuable information on the basics of banking and the importance of establishing a relationship with a financial institution to build credit, save money, and achieve goals.
- Module 5: Establishing and Maintaining Good Credit (en espanol)
Learn how to establish a credit presence and maintain a good credit history. The module also reviews the contents of a credit report, as well as the primary credit and consumer protection laws.
- Module 6: Understanding Credit Scoring (en espanol)
This module describes credit scoring from a borrower’s perspective and illustrates how consumer behavior affects credit scores.
- Module 7: Thinking Like a Lender (en espanol)
Get information on how lenders and other financial institutions determine creditworthiness and how it relates to credit scores.
- Module 8: Avoiding Credit Traps (en espanol)
Get valuable information on how to avoid credit traps, identity theft, and predatory lending practices that can consume personal resources and severely damage credit histories.
- Module 9: Restoring Your Credit (en espanol)
This module shows how to deal with credit difficulties and provides tips on how to restore impaired credit.
- Module 10: Planning for Your Future (en espanol)
This module outlines the process to achieve goals and attain financial security.
- Module 11: Becoming a Homeowner (en espanol)
This module provides practical information on how to prepare to obtain a mortgage and own a home.
- Module 12: Protecting Your Home Investment (en espanol)
This newest curriculum module contains a wealth of information on understanding home equity, maintaining and improving your home, preparing for emergencies, and recognizing scams. It also includes a comprehensive section on alternatives to foreclosure.